Colon Cancer Prevention – Tips to Prevent Colon Cancer
Conquering Colon Cancer -- CBS News
Early diagnosis of colon cancer can save lives and money. Katie Couric reports on the importance of early detection and why many Americans aren’t taking advantage of it. (CBSNews.com). Thanks for watching.
Colon Cancer Facts
Colon cancers are cancers that occur in the digestive tract. It can be either in the large intestines or the rectum.
American Cancer Society estimates that
- more than 154,000 Americans will be diagnosed with colon cancer this year. (source: CDC)
- More than 52,0000 will die from it (source: CDC)
Early diagnosis with screening can improves the probability of successful treatment. However, disease prevention always better than disease screening.
Non-modifiable Colorectal Cancer Risk Factors:
- you are over age 50
- Have a personal history of colon cancer
- Have a personal history of colorectal polyps
- Have a personal history of inflammatory bowel diseases (e.g. ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Have a family history of colorectal cancer
- Ethnic background such as African Americans and Ashkenazi Jews
Modifiable Colorectal Cancer Risk Factors:
- High in saturated fat diet
- A sedentary lifestyle (e.g. a job that requiring much sitting)
- Smoking or Excessive alcohol intake
You obviously can’t alter non-modifiable risk factors. If you’ve any of these you should talk to your doctor about starting out your colorectal cancer screening before age 50. If you have a family history of colorectal cancers, you should start screening as early as possible.
Though we cannot change the non-modifiable risk factors, we can alter or get rid of modifiable risk factors by altering our diet, increasing your physical activity, losing weight, or taking certain supplements or vitamins.
Colon Cleanse -- Effective Against Colon Cancer?
Colon cleansing is known to offer a lot of benefits and in the world of alternative medicine, many even believe that they have the ability to prevent colon cancer.
Is colon cleansing really effective against colon cancer?
Colon cleansing products such as DrFloras & Bowtrol works by cleaning up the intestinal walls. In the process, it removes any plaque that may have built up in the mucosal lining. This effectively get rid of any harmful bacteria or toxins in the mucosal lining. Other benefits of colon cleanse is that it improves the bowel movement and thus able to reduce the danger of plaque building up again in the mucosal again.
If you are looking for an effective body detox or weight loss program, we recommend taking a look at some of our top recommended detox products.